Redbox Sr Strategy Analyst, Redbox in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Sr Strategy Analyst
The Senior Strategy Analyst role is focused on supporting Redbox’s key strategic and growth initiatives. You will enjoy an intellectual challenge, a high caliber peer group, and project variety often associated with management consulting, as well as the opportunity to see the implementation of your analysis. You will work on internal data analysis, pricing strategy, market tests, predictive analytics, financial modeling, and business cases for various opportunities, with a high degree of exposure to the Redbox Executive Leadership Team. Redbox’s main office is in Oakbrook Terrace, IL, but team members usually work in our satellite office in Downtown Chicago 3 days per week. Strategy & Analytics is the central strategy team for Redbox and is responsible for using structured problem solving and analytics to influence the company’s major decisions and drive profitable growth. We are a small and highly collaborative team of professionals with prior experience in functional areas that include management consulting, data analytics and retail strategy. We collaborate on projects with a wide range of functional teams, such as:
• Network Strategy: Developed and executed a new site selection model and strategy to - profitably expand Redbox’s 40,000+ kiosk network• Pricing Strategy: Conducted a market test to determine pricing elasticity of Redbox’s product offerings and collaborated with large cross-functional team to roll-out price changes• Merchandising Analytics: Developed and tested predictive models to improve product placement across the life cycle of a title• New Product Expansion: Led end-to-end strategy for Movie Sell-Through business including product availability, pricing, marketing campaigns, and technology improvements
• Work independently or as a leader of a small team to conduct rigorous, fact-based research and analysis and advise senior management on significant business problems• Take responsibility for projects from conception to completion, with guidance from S&A Leadership and collaboration with peers• Develop and structure recommendations and insights to present to leadership• Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships with key internal clients and business partners including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Executive Leadership
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree• 3+ years of directly applicable experience in an analytical role in a consulting, corporate, or entrepreneurial environment• Experience synthesizing large datasets, such as transactional data, customer data or other operational datasets for actionable business insights• Experience working on multiple projects concurrently, presenting analysis and insights to management, and collaborating cross-functionally
• Experience with consumer products, consumer insights, retail, or entertainment/media is a plus• Prior experience with analytics tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau) or statistical analysis is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Evidence of analytical skills, problem solving, and strong logical thinking• Strong intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly• Strong business and financial acumen
• Ability to understand the economic drivers behind a variety of business models• Deep Excel skills including building financial and sensitivity models, joining together multiple data sources, verifying data integrity and use of advanced Excel functions• Strong written and verbal communication skills• Proficient in PowerPoint with the ability to craft presentations of the key messages and storyline developed from analytical project work• Adept at learning new analysis methods and desire to learn new software and tools• Experience with SQL and Tableau is a plus
Redbox® is always on the lookout for innovative thinkers. If you like solving problems in new ways, if you’re passionate about ideas that become businesses and you want to be part of a team that values you for everything you are, check us out. You’ll find a diverse, dynamic and welcoming work environment full of exciting challenges and endless opportunity.
If you need an accommodation to complete our application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information please see EEO is the Law.
Posting Notes: || United States || Illinois || Oakbrook Terrace || || J2W:CB1